Monday, June 22, 2009

RAINY DAYS AREN'T GOOD FOR ME...

Everything shuts down in Paraguay when it rains because the infrastructure is so poor. So, these are the times that I just sit and analyse and ask all those questions that sneak into your mind, when you're so far away from home!

Although this country is very poor and definitely has its needs, I often wonder if the work some of us Peace Corps volunteers are assigned to do, really make a difference. Very often I get extremely homesick and keep waiting and wishing to see something powerful that will make me feel like the family and life I have left behind in the States is worth being without--to be here. I then remind myself this is a choice I've made and was led to by God and that with taking small little steps in my work here--God will reveal to me how those efforts impacted and made a change for others.

I guess this was my own personal pep talk, which I need to do often, to stay focused and positive. Writing and sharing those thoughts seem to be therapeutic.

Now I'm going to have that beef jerky my darling friend, Jeff, sent to me that I was saving for a rainy day. Thanks, Jeff.

No comments: